Things change, but the sun always rises the next day. The bad news: nothing is permanent. The good news: nothing is permanent.
What has life taught you? Have you ever tried to compile a list of life lessons you’ve learned over the years? Take into consideration all of the stuff you would love to tell yourself if you could travel back in time to give your youthful self some advice about life. It may be an interesting exercise in your self-discovery.
In the past, we have already post about 10 lessons, now we have a list of 20 timeless life lessons that was so practical and down to earth that we thought we would share it.
Here are 20 Timeless Life Lessons:
- There’s a story behind every person. There’s a reason why they’re the way they are. Think about that before you judge someone.
- Look for something positive in each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder. Let life’s challenges make you strong.
- Avoiding something doesn’t mean you don’t want it. Sometimes it means that you do want it, but you know it isn’t right.
- Positive thinking isn’t about expecting the best to always happen, but accepting that whatever happens is the best for the moment.
- People change and so do feelings. They may not be the changes that you wanted, but you have to accept them and move on with your life.
- Sometimes the best thing you do is not thinking, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
- The truth is that there is no actual stress or anxiety in the world; it’s your thoughts that create these false beliefs. You can’t package stress, touch it, or see it. There are only people engaged in stressful thinking.
- Never let one bad day make you feel like you have a bad life. Just because today is a terrible day doesn’t mean tomorrow won’t be the best day of your life. You just got to get there.
- Some people cannot stand that you’re moving on with your life, and so they will try to drag your past to catch up with you. Do not help them by acknowledging their behaviour. Keep moving forward.
- From of all the things that can be stolen from you – your possessions, your youth, your health, your words, your rights – what no one can ever take from you is your freedom to choose what you will believe in, and who and what your heart will love.
- Sometimes you’ve got to emotionally let go of the things that once meant a lot to you, so you can move beyond the past and the pain it brings you, and open the next chapter in your life.
- The path to our destination is not always a straight one. We go down the wrong one, we get lost, and we turn back. But maybe it doesn’t matter which road we embark on. Maybe what matters is that we embark.
- It doesn’t matter if you’ve failed or if you’ve been beaten. All that matters is that you learn something, get back up, and try again. Because winning is a good feeling, but winning when nobody else thought you could is an awesome feeling.
- Knowing yourself is one thing, but truly believing and living as yourself is another. With so much social conditioning in our society, we sometimes forget who we are.
- What screws us up most in life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be. – Socrates
- Accept this moment, without judgement or needless worry. Remind yourself that all is well, and that you can handle whatever comes along.
- Never assume that you are stuck with the way things are right now. Life changes every single moment, and so can you.
- When life is “falling apart” it could actually be falling together… maybe for the very first time. Which is why it feels so uncomfortable.
- Life is shorter than it often seems. Sometimes we are only given a few minutes to be with the ones we love, and hundreds of hours to spend thinking of them. Cherish the moments you have with your friends and family, because in one single second they can be taken away from you forever.
- Choose your words carefully – they can’t be taken back once you give them away. Harsh words are like bullets – they can leave deep wounds. And most of the time saying “sorry” is not enough to heal the wounds you leave.
No matter what you do, no matter how many times you screw up and think to yourself “there’s no point in carrying on”, no matter how many people tell you that you cant do it – keep going. Don’t quit, because a month from now you will be that much closer to your goal than you are now. Yesterday you said tomorrow. Make today count!
What would you add to our list of life lessons? Could you come up with your list of life lesson? How important is it that we learn from our life lessons? Share your thoughts on comment below..